Basically, there are three stages involved in the NDA Exam Pattern 2023, which consist of the NDA Written Exam, SSB Interview, and Medical Examination. Check out the UPSC NDA Exam Pattern, GAT and Maths Marking Schemes, Stages and Mode of Examination for this year.
NDA Exam Pattern
It is imperative that candidates interested in the defence sector fill out the National Defence Academy Application Form 2023 to begin the recruitment process. In order to recruit and train candidates who are committed to utilizing their skills in service of their country, the National Defence Academy holds a recruitment drive twice a year. The written exam for the recruitment phase will held on April 16, 2023.
This article will provide you with the latest information on the NDA 1 application form 2023, which will be available to you from December 21, 2022, until January 10, 2023.
NDA Exam Pattern Overview 2023
|Name of the Exam||NDA|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Conducted in A Year||Twice a Year|
|Examination Date||16th April 2023|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen & paper)|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Number of Sections||2|
|Question Paper Type||Objective or MCQ|
|Total Number of Questions||270 Questions (120 from Mathematics & 150 from GAT)|
|Total Marks for Entrance Test||900 Marks (300 Marks for Mathematics & 600 Marks for GAT)|
|Negative Marking||Yes (0.83 marks for Mathematics and 1.33 marks for GAT)|
|Exam duration||2.5 hours (Each Section)|
NDA Exam Pattern 2023
- It is essential that candidates for the NDA Selection Process pass the written exam as well as appear for the SSB interview as part of the selection process. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is responsible for administering the NDA Exam to the candidates who wish to apply for the SSB. Aspirants must achieve the NDA Cut Off score set by UPSC for the written exam in order to be eligible for the SSB.
- In order for the Indian Armed Forces to select the most qualified candidates to serve in their ranks, the exam format is designed in two stages, the first stage being on April 10, 2022, and the second stage being on September 4, 20 The NDA Exam is conducted twice a year in two stages. It is scheduled for two stages on April 10, 2022 and September 4, 2022.
- During the National Defence Academy and Indian Naval Academy courses, the Union Public Service Commission holds the National Defence Academy (NDA) examination twice a year for admission to the Army, Navy, and Air Force wings. This pattern of examination consists of two sections: the Mathematics section and the General Ability section. The written section consists of two sections: the Mathematics section and the General Ability section.
- There is a total score of 900 on the NDA written exam. There are 300 points for the Mathematics paper, while 600 points are awarded for the GAT. The NDA written exam is composed of questions drawn from the topics covered in class The GAT is composed of questions about English, General Knowledge, and General Science.
- As part of the SSB interview process, there are two stages. In the first stage, the OIR, PP and PP are all evaluated
- In order to help candidates understand what the NDA 2023 Exam is going to be like, we have provided the most current NDA exam pattern where candidates can gain an overview of the exam, such as the mode of the test, the total marks, the duration, and the types of questions.
UPSC NDA Exam 2023 Subjects
In accordance with the NDA Exam Pattern, the UPSC has developed the NDA Exam Pattern 2023 examination. Each of the question types for the NDA Exam 2023 exam will be of the multiple choice type, in accordance with the UPSC’s NDA Exam Pattern.
In addition to the Mathematics section, there will be a General Ability Test (GAT) section as well. For a better understanding of the examination pattern for these two sections, please refer to the following.
|Subject||Paper||Total no. of Questions||Duration of Exam||Maximum Marks|
|General Ability Test (GAT)||2||150||2.5 Hours||600|
Marks Distribution of NDA Exam Math Paper
There are a number of papers that have been published in the NDA Mathematics journals, as shown in the following table:
|Matrices and Determinants||75|
Marks Distribution of NDA Exam GAT Paper
Check out the details below for the distribution of marks for the English and General Knowledge sections of the NDA GAT Paper:
|Part (A) English||English||200|
|Part (B) General Knowledge||Physics||100|
|Indian History, Indian National Movements||80|
NDA Exam Pattern 2023 Marking Scheme
You can find out what the cutoffs have been for the previous years’ NDA written test by looking up previous years’ NDA written exam cutoffs. There will be 120 questions in the Mathematics section, all of which will be worth 5 points. For each incorrect answer, 0.83 points will be deducted from your score. All questions will be worth 2.5 points. There will be a total of 600 points for the general ability test, with 200 points for English and 400 points for General Knowledge.
It is estimated that there will be 150 questions in this section, 50 from English and 100 from General Knowledge. For every correct answer in this section, candidates will get four marks, with each incorrect answer resulting in a deduction of 33 points. Questions that are not answered will not receive a mark or negative marking.
NDA SSB Interview 2023
There was an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB) with all candidates who passed the written test and met the qualifications for NA and NDA postings. After passing the written test and meeting the qualifications, a call letter was provided to you with all the pertinent details including the date, time, and location of the interview.
As part of the NDA SSB interview round, both a psychological aptitude test and an intelligence test are being administered to the applicants.
Phase 1 consists of an online interview, followed by a written test and the Computerized Pilot Selection System. Candidates who pass Phase 1 will be eligible for Phase 2, which includes the other examinations. The SSB Round process takes around five days to complete. Applicants for the Air Force must pass the Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS).
NDA SSB Interview Phase
|Phase 1||Day 1: Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) Test and Picture Perception and Description Test (PP & DT).|
|Phase 2||Day 2: Psychology TestsDay 3: GTO (Group Testing Officer) Tasks
Day 4: Interview
Day 5: Conference
NDA Document Verification
During the NDA Selection Procedure, the verification and submission of documentation is an important step that must not be taken for granted. It is necessary that the selected candidates present their supporting documentation at the interview so that it can be checked. Several documents are required for the verification process in order for it to be completed:
- In order to prove that you are educated, please provide a copy of your 10th or 10th grade certificate
- In order to qualify for the position, candidates must undergo caste verification.
- Documentation proving identification of the individual.
- Documents proving the residence of the individual
NDA Exam Final Merit List
In the end, the final merit list is compiled after the medical exam has been completed. Those who are found medically fit and make it to the final merit list will undoubtedly be the next group of officers. Only the candidates who have excelled in all stages of the NDA selection process in 2022 will make up the final merit list.
There will also be a consideration given to the results you obtained from the personality assessments that followed the SSB interview. It will be invalid for your merit accrued throughout the NDA selection process in 2023 if at any point in the selection process you are found to be ineligible for the position.
|Official Website||Click Here|
FAQ’s Related to NDA Exam Pattern 2023
Could you please tell me what the pass mark is for the NDA exam?
It is essential that candidates obtain a minimum of 25% in each subject to pass the NDA Written Examination, and those candidates who succeed in passing the written examination will be invited to attend the SSB interview.
The SSB can be qualified without coaching, is there a way to qualify without coaching?
It is possible to crack the SSB exams without any coaching. There are many officers who have succeeded without any coaching whatsoever.
In order to perform well in SSB, how important is physical fitness?
If you are a person who has a burning desire to join the Indian Armed Forces, then it is imperative that you understand the importance of being physically and psychologically fit for the position.
The number of papers that will be included in the NDA exam is what?
Mathematical paper: 300 marks, while the General Ability test is worth 600 points, while the written test will be worth 900 points. In the above example, the Mathematics paper will be worth 300 points, while the General Ability test is worth 600 points.
What is the location of the interview for the NDA SSB?
As part of The NDA SSB Interview 2022, 2AFSB is located in Sidharth Nagar, which is near the CV Complex in Mysore. Here is also where SSB interviews are conducted for candidates seeking to join the NDA, CDSE, and the PABT test for candidates seeking to join the IAF whose SSB is held at the Bangalore Selection Center South.
What is the level of difficulty of the SSB exam for the NDA?
There is no doubt that the NDA exams are challenging in comparison to other competitive exams. This is because they cover a wide range of topics, they have lengthy written exams, they conduct group discussions, they conduct interviews, they administer medical examinations, they require physical and mental assessments, etc.
Does the selection process in NDA seem easy to you?
In order to qualify for NDA, one must be able to understand mathematics and have a general ability in order to pass the written exam as well as have psychological aptitude, a high level of intelligence, and a high level of physical fitness.
Does the NDA interview have a high level of difficulty?
In order to be accepted into the National Defense Academy, a candidate must pass both the written exam and the SSB interview, which will evaluate a candidate’s psychological aptitude as well as their IQ. Before an individual is accepted, the NDA exam is the most difficult test to pass to be accepted into the Indian Defense Forces.
Thank You for Visiting Upsc Sewa!