UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023: Combined with UPSC Notification 2023, UPSC Eligibility Criteria have been released. It is the Union Public Service Commission, or UPSC, that is India’s central recruitment agency that recruits all Group A officers for the Government of India. The UPSC Age Limit can be found on the UPSC official website. To recruit officers under the central government, UPSC will conduct UPSC CSE 2023 Aspirants can find out more on UPSC.
The UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023, UPSC Qualifications and UPSC Age Limit can be found here and aspirants can check the details.
UPSC Exam Age Limit
With the release of UPSC Notification 2023, the UPSC Eligibility Criteria have also been released.
UPSC Exam has now been released along with the eligibility criteria and candidates are encouraged to go over the UPSC Exam Age Limit carefully before filling in UPSC Application Form 2023.
UPSC Age Limit 2023
- For General Category: It is necessary that a candidate has reached the age of 21 years on or before the 1st of August, 2023, and has not reached the age of 32 years by that date.
- In order for the candidate to qualify, he or she must have been born between the 2nd of August, 1990 and the 1st of August, 2001.
- UPSC CSE Age Relaxation:
- SC and ST: Upto Five Years
- Eligible OBCs: Upto Three Years
- Defense Personnel released due to a disability (caused by a conflict) should follow these instructions: Upto three years
- A minimum of five years of military service is required for ex-servicemen to qualify: Upto five years
Date of Birth
- UPSC accepts the date of birth as recorded on the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or the equivalent in accordance with the UPSC
- An Indian University may recognize a qualification as equivalent to matriculation if it is recognized by an Indian University as such
- A copy of the Register of Matriculates maintained by an University must be certified by the appropriate authority of the University as to its authenticity or authenticity of the extract
- It can be found in the certificate of successful completion of Higher Secondary Examinations or
- Obtaining a certificate equivalent to the examination.
UPSC Age Limit Relaxation 2023
As a candidate, you can find a detailed information about UPSC age-relaxation criteria for reserve category in the UPSC 2023 Exam table. The UPSC age-relaxation criteria for reserve category will help the candidates evaluate whether they qualify for appearing in the examination.
|Category||UPSC CSE Age Relaxation|
|Defense Services Personnel||3 years|
|A minimum of five years of military service is required for ex-servicemen to qualify and ECOs/SSCOs||5 years|
|Hearing problem, deaf, low vision, blindness, muscle deformity, ex-servicemen||10 years|
UPSC Eligibility Criteria
There was a release by UPSC on 1 February 2023 for UPSC CSE Notification 2023 All the aspirants should be keeping a close eye on UPSC Events by following Adda247 for all the latest updates on UPSC Events. Aspirants who are hoping to get into the highly prestigious Civil Services should be aware of UPSC Eligibility Criteria in advance of applying and joining UPSC in 2023 It is extremely important to understand the UPSC Eligibility Criteria before applying and joining UPSC.
In the following article, we will share a detailed explanation of the UPSC Eligibility Criteria for 2023.
UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023
It is important that candidates who wish to take the UPSC CSE have an understanding of the UPSC eligibility criteria before applying for the UPSC IAS Exam 2023 In this article, we have provided a brief overview of the UPSC Eligibility Criteria, as well as the education requirements for appearing in the UPSC CSE. We have also discussed the UPSC IAS Eligibility Criteria 2023 along with the educational requirements.
It would be a good idea to check the UPSC eligibility criteria concerning the nationality of the applicant post-wise because in UPSC Notification, UPSC has defined the eligibility criteria for all the services. A non-Indian citizen can also apply for UPSC CSE under certain conditions.
There are three types of financial services provided by the IAS (Indian Administrative Service), IFS (Indian Foreign Service) and IPS (Indian Police Service).
- There is a requirement that a candidate must be an Indian citizen.
For other services
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- There exists the possibility of the Tibetan refugee coming to India and permanently settling in the country before the 1st January 1962, or
- In order to settle permanently in Indian territory, a person of Indian origin may have migrated from one of the following countries: Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Note: There is, however, one provision that must be met by candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e): such a candidate shall be a person in whose favour the Government of India has issued a certificate of eligibility.
There is a set of educational criteria set by the UPSC for appearing in UPSC CSE 20 All candidates appearing for the UPSC CSE 2023 will be allowed six (2) opportunities to appear for the examination, unless they are ineligible. UPSC Educational Criteria for UPSC CSE 2023 are as follows:
- The equivalent of a graduate degree from a university recognized by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Studies
Number of Attempts
The UPSC CSE exam is an open exam and candidates from all corners of the world are invited to apply. Here is the list of the number of times a candidate can attempt the exam till the age of 32 Candidates from other countries are also permitted to apply for this exam.
|Number of Attempts||Category|
|Unlimited||09||09 for GL/EWS/OBC
Unlimited for SC/ST
|GL – General Category|
|Official Website||Click Here|
FAQ’s related to UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023
Can a student who has passed the 12th grade apply for the UPSC?
With a qualification of 12th standard, one cannot become an officer in the Indian Administrative Service!
When I reach the age of 40, will I be able to become an IAS?
A general candidate for UPSC must be a minimum age of 28 years as per UPSC Eligibility Criteria.
Can you tell me if UPSC Notification 2023 released yet?
On February 1, 2023, UPSC will release UPSC Notification 2023, which will be available online.
How does UPSC’s Eligibility Criteria 2023 differ from last year’s?
There is a requirement that the candidate must be between 21 and 32 years of age on or before the 1st of August, 2023, in order to be eligible for UPSC CSE 2023, as the UPSC Educational Criteria for UPSC CSE 2023 provides for a Graduate Degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
Thank You for Visiting Upsc Sewa!