Find out how to choose the best UPSC Optional Subjects List 2023 for the IAS Exams with Syllabus for UPSC CSE Exam 2023 Here is a complete list of UPSC Optional Subjects with Syllabuses for UPSC CSE Exam 2023.
UPSC Optional Subjects
There are many factors to consider when choosing an optional subject for the UPSC examination. If you make a wrong choice, there may be a significant change in your merit score. The optional subject carries 500 marks, which is almost 25% of the total marks in the Written Exam and Personality Test combined.
GS VI and GS VII are two of the nine papers in the UPSC Mains Examination which candidates can choose from. There will be 250 marks for each paper in the UPSC Mains optional exams, which are not subject to change once the application has been submitted. In order for candidates to choose the UPSC Optional Subjects carefully before submitting their application, they must take into consideration all the factors involved.
List of Optional Subjects for UPSC 2023
In order to be eligible to appear for the UPSC exam, aspirants can choose one of the Optional Subjects for UPSC based on their educational background and their areas of interest from the UPSC Optional Subjects list. There are 26 optional subjects available to candidates for the UPSC examination. Applicants can choose any one of these subjects from the list below.
|UPSC Optional Subjects List 2023|
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Management|
|Commerce and Accountancy||Physics|
|Economics||Political Science and International Relations|
|Zoology||Literature of any one of the following languagesHindi, Assamese, Bodo, Bengali, Dogri, Hindi, Kashmiri, Kannada, Malayalam, Konkani, Manipuri, Maithili, Marathi, Gujarati, Odia, Nepali, Sanskrit, Punjabi, Sindhi, Santhali, Tamil, Telugu, English and Urdu.|
UPSC Optional Subjects Syllabus
If you are interested in applying, you can check out. Syllabus of UPSC’s optional subjects for the competitive examinations. The official PDF for this discussion, which can be found in the links below, is available for downloading.
|Optional Subject||UPSC Syllabus|
|Sociology||UPSC Sociology Syllabus|
|Geography||UPSC Geography Syllabus|
|Economics||UPSC Economics Syllabus|
|Anthropology||UPSC Anthropology Syllabus|
|Agriculture||UPSC Agriculture Syllabus|
|Animal Husbandry||UPSC Animal Husbandry Syllabus|
Best Optional Subject for UPSC
I do not have personal opinions, but based on the past trends and the interests of candidates, the best optional subjects for UPSC can be:
2. Public Administration
7. Political Science and International Relations
10. Literature of any Indian or foreign language.
It is important to choose a subject that aligns with one’s interests, strengths, and background knowledge. Additionally, one should consider the availability of study material and coaching, as well as the overall scoring pattern and trends of the optional subject.
How to Choose Optional Subjects for UPSC CSE Exam 2023?
It is very important for UPSC candidates to consider a number of important factors when selecting Optional Subjects, including individual preferences, the availability of study materials, the nature of the syllabus, educational background, and many others. In order to clear your confused mind, you may want to read about some of the factors that you might want to take into consideration when selecting from the list of UPSC optional subjects.
- According to the list of optional subjects that are offered by UPSC, students who have studied a particular subject during their graduation or postgraduate studies should take that subject as their first choice for an optional subject. As a result, you will be able to develop a better understanding of that subject by being aware of the basic concepts of that subject. Thus, you will be able to easily score well in the UPSC Mains exam.
- As an alternative, you can choose an optional subject that is also covered in the UPSC CSE Preliminary Exam
- In addition to the pertinent disciplines that are covered in both Preliminary and Optional examinations, there are several disciplines from geography to sociology to economics to law to philosophy to agriculture to public administration that make up the bulk of the disciplines that are covered.
- In spite of the fact that the UPSC exam syllabus is lengthy and complex, it might not be the best idea to choose a subject with a broad syllabus unless you intend to study that subject as part of your graduation degree. A good strategy for preparing for the UPSC IAS Exam is not to cover the entire syllabus in the specified time period since it takes a longer time to accomplish this.
- During the selection of the optional subject for the UPSC Mains examination, candidates should also take into account the availability of proper study material as one of the most important factors. It is not uncommon for candidates to realize in the middle of the preparation process that they are lacking the necessary study materials to complete the whole syllabus without any compromise.
Top Marking 10 UPSC Optional Subjects List
As a matter of fact, the candidates are free to choose an optional subject as per their personal interest areas, but according to an analysis of UPSC optional subjects, the following subjects tend to be preferred by candidates the most. Below is a list of the top 10 Most Popular UPSC Optional Subjects that you may find useful if you have difficulty choosing among 26 subjects.
- Public Administration
- Political Science and International Relations
- Medical Science
- Literature Subject (Any)
FAQ’s Related to UPSC Optional Subjects List 2023
The UPSC offers 26 optional subjects for candidates to choose from. What are these subjects?
There are 26 optional subjects in UPSC namely Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Geography, Geology, History, Electrical Engineering, Zoology, Law Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations (PSIR, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Medical Science, Statistics, Literature of any languages.
Could you tell me which of the following optional subjects is the best for UPSC CSE?
For UPSC, there are some excellent optional subjects that can be chosen such as Sociology, Public Administration, Geography, Politics, and others.
Is there a limit to the number of UPSC optional subjects that can be taken?
According to the UPSC official website, there are 26 optional subjects available to candidates for the UPSC mains exam. The candidates are required to select one subject from these optional subjects.
How long is the syllabus for which optional course?
Philosophical subjects are the most popular choice among UPSC aspirants in order to improve their scores in the exam, because the syllabus of philosophical subjects is the shortest of all the optional subjects.
Are there any optional subjects that are the easiest to learn?
According to the results from the previous year, a number of candidates had high scores in the subjects of Sociology, Philosophy, Geography, and Public Administration. These subjects, according to the results from the previous year, can be managed quite easily.
Thank You for Visiting Upsc Sewa!